As the title of this post suggests, there is just so much that has happened lately that I don’t know what to write about first. This has also been the reason why I haven’t blogged in a while. Little did I realise that the more days that passed by, the more things there would be for me to blog about. In other words, the holidays haven’t been as boring and mundane as I expected (and was hoping for it to be). So, let me reflect chronologically…
1. A catch up session with three of my closest secondary school friends. They pretty much know everything about me and although we don’t get to spend that much time together due to conflicting schedules, it’s always fun when we meet up and it’s as though no time has passed at all. And I must mention that they are the diamonds that have emerged from graphite after a four year crazy roller coaster ride that had more downs than ups – secondary school. We actually had lunch at SP and then played an intense game of Monopoly (I came in either 2nd or 3rd, I can’t remember). Gina was pretty much distracted the entire time by another game on her laptop. We hid her money and she didn’t even realise… Sigh. After that we headed to IMM for dinner and accompanied Sydi as he shopped around for some formal wear for his internship. It was really a great day filled with conversation, laughter and banter and I couldn’t have asked for anything more.
2. A double doze of cousins. In the morning, I attended a cousin’s wedding. I’ll be honest, I was dreading it only because it was in the morning and I really wanted my
beauty sleep. But it turned out alright especially since all I had to do was just sit there this time. And I’m saying ‘this time’ because this is the third cousin’s wedding this year. Yes, it’s been three. As I’m writing this, I had to reconfirm with my Mum that it’s been three because it seems so surreal. Anyway, I got to see my cousins and it was just nice, you know? The wedding went smoothly but it didn’t end on the best note. There was some unnecessary drama and that’s all I’m going to say. Regardless, it was worth it waking up early in the morning, as I got to talk to and catch up with the cousins I don’t see so often.
Now it’s not going to be a ‘double doze’ unless I encounter more cousins, later that day, am I right? Well, I had plans for a sleepover with my two younger cousins at my aunt’s place that night. It’s sort of a school holiday tradition but the number of cousins at these sleepovers has been decreasing over the years because they all have their own commitments as they grow older. And I feel like I’ve become numb to the thought of that, that I don’t feel upset about it anymore. Anyway, we played games, watched a movie and just hung out even doing nothing at some points. It did bother me that there were times when we were all one our phones but I guess that’s normal these days and there is nothing I can do about it to change it and I shouldn’t try to either because I’ve tried and it’s impossible.
3. My first stand-up comedy experience. After seeing a friend tweeting about ‘comedy clubs’, I asked him about it like a month or two ago and he told me that there was one coming up that we could go for together. And I have no regrets as I really enjoyed it. It was fun hanging out with him and Ronny Chieng was simply amazing. But then again, I could just be easily fascinated since I don’t have any experience. Oh well, I had fun and I thought that this was worth mentioning since it was something new that I experienced during the holidays.
4. Sammiekin’s (Sam’s) Birthday. The plans were pretty last minute but I didn’t have to think twice about agreeing to be there. Birthday celebrations are just fun especially when it’s with a small group of friends that you are close to. The plans were to have brunch at The Manhattan Fish Market. I love fish and I loved the idea of brunch and I love my friends so there you have it. Shafna and I had to leave after brunch because we had something on in school but we rejoined the group after at JEM. What better way to spend time with friends than walking around a shopping centre aimlessly, right? Trying on clothes and taking selfies was bulk of the fun. After that we did some more walking around JEM till we all decided to call it a day. I really hope you enjoyed your birthday Sam! (And also those cupcakes that I got for you.)
5. Bro-Time with Huszainy. That could very well be the name of his talk show, right? Anyway, we just spent some time together playing pool, darts and fooseball a.k.a bro-ish things that I don’t actually mind doing. He is like much better than me at pool and darts but fooseball is my game although he hates to admit it. The initial plan was to do some shopping but we ended up watching This Is Where I Leave You instead. But no regrets because the movie was awesome.
I would write a review but I feel kinda lazy.
6. Smoothie King catch up session with Shafna. We were supposed to have a club meeting in school and so we had planned to get smoothies before. But the meeting got cancelled and so it just meant more time for us to hang out. I caught her up on everything going on with me and as you can see, I had to do quite a lot of talking.
Although what I really needed caught her up on isn’t something I mentioned in this post. And she caught me up on everything going on with her. So we hung out there until I had to leave for school because I had another meeting on for some project while she headed home.
7. Impromptu hang out session with Jamie. This happened on the same day as #6, after the project meeting because Jamie was involved in the project as well. I wanted to follow Jamie for moral support as she was supposed to try on contact lenses for the first time that day but it got pushed back to a later date. Anyway, since we were already on the train heading towards town, we decided to continue our journey and get Krispy Kreme donuts. And then we decided to do some window shopping a.k.a trying on various accessories and taking selfies. I also caught Jamie up on everything and she caught me up too. It was simply a fantabulous day and I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
Yeah that’s a lot that has happened, right? I would elaborate more and give more details but I think giving a summary of each event is better. So, I hope that chunk above was entertaining to read. There is probably going to be a lot more things for me to blog about over the next few weeks. I’m not exactly sure what it is going to be about. I just feel like there is a lot more to come before school reopens in another three weeks and I can’t wait! Until next time,
P.S: If you notice that I have been taking more selfies lately, it is because of the ‘#RichKids of Beverly Hills’. I’ve developed the habit watching them do it all the time on the show.